The Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty Community Fund is now accepting applications for its Fall 2021 grant funding cycle. Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty agents, owners, and staff collectively participate in the fund, which has awarded over $88,000 to 57 non-profit organizations in Routt County since its inception in 2017. Last year, through it’s philanthropic efforts, Steamboat Sotheby’s was able to give back a total of more than $83,000 through both the Community Fund and other sponsorships and donations.
The Steamboat Sotheby’s Community Fund was established in order to support local non-profit organizations through a collective funding and semi-annual granting process. Collaborating with Resort Group’s VIP Reservation Program with Mountain Resorts, Pioneer Ridge, and Simply Steamboat, a portion of reservation fees is donated to SSIR the community fund, which amounted to more than $3,800 in 2020. “We appreciate the opportunity to host Sotheby’s clients in our professionally managed vacation rentals, and we are proud to donate a portion of these reservations back to the SSIR Community Fund,” says Joe Cashen, Vice President of Business Development at Resort Group. “When Sotheby’s clients reserve their lodging with Resort Group, not only are they supporting Steamboat’s largest locally-owned property management company, they are also enabling Sotheby’s to fund additional grant requests from local non-profits each year.”
Grant funding will be considered for any non-profit 501c3 organization or program in Steamboat Springs or Northwest Colorado. Grant funds will stay locally and support organizations that demonstrate need, that make an impact in our local community and to our residents.
Spring 2021 grant funding was awarded to:
• Community Utilities Support Program – Utility cost support through LiftUp & YVCF
• Child Advocacy Center – Brighter World program
• Leadership Steamboat on behalf of Community Agriculture Alliance – co-op freezer purchase for local ag producers
• Town of Hayden – Community Garden
• Boys & Girls Club of NW CO – Summer Brain Gain program
• Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide
• Steamboat Soccer Club – Scholarships programming
• Grand Futures Prevention Coalition – Youth Development Coordinator
• Junior Achievement
• NW Colorado Health – Exercise classes at The Haven
• Steamboat High School After Prom
• Girls on the Run
• Routt County Riders – Bike Match program
• Yampa Valley Parkinson’s Support Network
• Routt County Council on Aging – Local Produce & Meats food program
Applications are being accepted through October 1, 2021 with funding awarded by November 30. For an online application or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.steamboatsir.com/ssircommunityfund.