Steamboat Springs & Routt County Real Estate
The community of Steamboat Springs has long been a favored destination for many local travelers and tourists. However, with the arrival of the Steamboat Ski Resort in the 1960’s, word was instantly out that there was a place steeped in Western hospitality and traditions that just so happened to have one of the best ski resorts in the world. Since then, Steamboat Springs has warmly welcomed visitors and new residents from all walks of life. It’s this hospitality that makes this place special. The breathtaking mountain vistas and endless year-round activities aren’t half bad either!
Steamboat Ski Properties for Sale
The Facts: Climate & Demographics
• Elevation: Steamboat Springs is 6,795 feet above sea level. Surrounding mountains rise to more than 10,500 feet.
• Temperature: January is typically Steamboat's coldest month, hitting an average high of 29°. July is typically Steamboat's warmest month, hitting an average high of 83°.
• Snowfall: Average snowfall ranges from 170 to 525 inches per year. The Steamboat Ski Area receives an average of 310 inches annually. Downtown Steamboat averages 173 inches annually.
• Population: Steamboat's population was estimated at 12,209 in 2012. Routt County was estimated at 23,334.
Steamboat Ski Resort
• Steamboat Springs is about 160 miles northwest of Denver, around a 2.5 hour drive.
• The Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN) is located 22 miles west of Steamboat Springs, near Hayden. In addition to the thousands of connecting flights through Denver, the airport also accommodates jet service with seasonal direct flights from Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, La Guardia, Newark, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles and Seattle.
• The Steamboat Springs Airport, aka Bob Adams Field, is three miles west of downtown and has a 4,700-foot runway for general aviation including light business jets and turbo-prop aircraft. Jet fuel and aviation gasoline is available during business hours.
• Steamboat's local bus service is free, and runs continuously from 7 a.m. to 1:45 a.m. daily.
Steamboat Snow & Weather Report